Thursday, August 22, 2013

High School Writing Process

In high school I never really had to write too many papers, usually one or two a semester, but when I did have to write a paper I went through the same writing process every time. When I would first get a writing assignment I would brainstorm the topic for about an hour every day. I would continue this process usually until about two or three days before my paper was due and then I would just sit in my room, put some music on and just force myself to write a paper. At first I would not like what I was doing and would want to do something else more fun, but eventually my brain would get going and a paper would just flow onto my screen in an hour or two. After this happened I would go back through the paper and see if there was anything I could add into it, or if there were any parts that needed to be fixed in order for my paper to make sense. Once I had done this I would give my paper to my sister so that someone else can read through my paper and see if there are any problems with it that need addressing before I turned it in, such as grammar and punctuation. After I made the changes that I needed to make I would again give it back to my sister and she would again check it for grammar and punctuation and once she had done that I would make whatever changes needed to be made. Once this was done I would turn my paper in and forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment